If you’re underway with planning a 2016 winter wedding then you’re likely on the look out for some winter wedding inspiration and ideas. Wedding Planners, Knot & Pop reveal their tips for adding some Narnian magic into your winter wedding theme with some Nordic and Glacial Gem detailing.
A magical time of year to do your dos, winter weddings speak of inviting settings with lights down low, candle-light a plenty, and yes…logs on the fire to coin some festive tuneage.
Our winter wedding inspiration, named Glacial Gem, takes it’s design cues from Nordic sensibility and scenery, blending innate style with natural elements to create an effortlessly stylish wedding theme, that perfectly suits the season and is simple to create – with a less is more approach to luxury.
Get the date in the diary by sending out a Save the Date invitation that is fun and interactive. Whether a Christmas bauble with the party date hand-lettered on it, or a paper 3D snowflake, think of a fun way to bring the festive cheer from the get go.
For the wedding day itself, this Nordic inspired theme fuses organic materials, such as wood and textural bark – whether used as tapered candlestick centrepiece or as charger plates for dining.
Decor & Accessories
Dappled ceramics bring a unique touch to tableware, set against wooden cutlery, with natural pale grey linens running table length for an artisanal feel to the festive season. Against these natural and more rustic tones, ice white, silver greens, navy and glacial blue contrast crisply and beautifully, giving the theme a fresh and more contemporary feel.
Why not elevate your winter wedding theme and give things a luxurious edge. Wintery crystals create the most captivating patterns and cast beautiful and unexpected shards of light. Use crystal gemstones (or rock sugar even!) for your seating chart, and also as decoration along table-tops, interspersed with aqua and clear glass jars. This theme plays with transparency so go for glass vases and votives, and clear Ghost chairs that will perfectly round off this considered table-scape.
Eucalyptus leaves are beautifully simple yet high on impact, combining the instantly familiar scent of winter with the silvery green colour that looks stunning against fluffy white blooms.
Flowers & Floral
Everyone loves a surprise at Christmas so why not go a little off-piste with your Christmas wedding planning?
We love all of the alternative takes on the traditional Christmas tree, with the idea of creating a Christmas tree collage from branches, berries and photo memories of you and your guests being our preferred. This could also double as a great alternative guest book with guests asked to write messages on paper baubles to place onto the ‘tree’.
Spice things up and go beyond mulled wine as your Welcome Warmer. Book mixologists to create some bespoke Christmas cocktails for you and your guests – Evergreen Swizzle anyone? Or create a Christmas Spice Station for guests to Pimp Their Drink with cinnamon sticks, ginger and vodka infused ice-cubes.
Wintery Wedding Cocktails
As well as warming drinks, keep the winter chill at bay by draping blankets over dining chairs, and place a box of blankets for anyone nipping out into the evening air (smokers, of course).
If your venue has a fireplace then see if the venue manager can be responsible to keep the fires burning all night so you have a lovely lounge area for cosy chats and catch ups.
As guests head into the night, give them a parting party favour. Hang brown paper bags with numbers written on, like an alternative advent calendar and get guests to spin a log tombola to reveal their number, leaving with a surprise gift whether it be a bottle of sloe gin, a pack of sparklers, some sleigh bells etc…Or you may like to stack some presents up on a table, finished with a sprig of pine or rosemary with the crystal from their escort card placed within as their keep-sake from the wedding.
About Knot & Pop
Launched by Susie Young, Knot & Pop is an award winning wedding planner that specialises in creating visual narratives that tell the story of each of its to-be-wed couples. Using flair, imagination and their enviable list of contacts, they create bespoke weddings that feel super personal, stylish and memorable, leaving you feeling 100% confident that every detail will be expertly planned so you can enjoy a stress-free journey to your big day. It also offers a kick-start planning service for couples with an average wedding budget who want a little steer towards lift-off. Get in touch with Knot & Pop direct.
From top to bottom, left to right:
Wintery Nordic colour palette
1) Layered ice via girlgonedone.tumblr.com
2) Cracking iced lake via iwanttobeafirefly.tumblr.com
3) Icelandic shore via avenlylanetravel.com
Christmassy save the dates
1) Anthropologie snow globes
2) Paper snowflake via Not on the High Street, Sarah matthews
3) Box of Baubles – Not On The Highstreet, letteroom personalised snowflake confetti bauble
1) Driftwood hanging advent calendar via treasuresandtravelsblog.com
2) Wooden coffee table via theiainteriordesign.tumblr.com
3) Cut branch with bark candle holder via nordichouse.co.uk
Artisanal greys, glaical blues and silver
1) Wooden table place settings via Local Milk Kinfolk 2
2) Scandinavian style wedding dinner setting via stylemepretty.com
3) Blue vases via homedesignlover.com
4) Marble plate via Brushfire Photography
1) Blue-lit ice via zencoma.tumblr.com
2) Cystals selection via ruffledblog
3) White crystals via friedasophiejewelry.tumblr.com
1) Eucalyptus cuttings via macadameia.tumblr.com
2) Gingerbread cake and DIY wreaths via localmilkblog.com
3) Blue vases with roses and eucalyptus via 100layercake.com_blog
Christmas tree table plan
1) Pinned images via 79ideas.org
2) DIY Christmas tree via blog.freepeople.com
1) Evergreen Swizzle via temperedspirits.com
2) Festive drinks station via stylemepretty.com
Cosy but Luxurious
1) Sheepskin rug with candle tray via nostalgiliving.dk
2) Christmas drinks tray with cinamon sticks and blanket via remainsimple.us
Brown paper packages
1) Brown boxes via lilyallsorts.com
2) Heather and boxes via zsazsabellagio.blogspot.co.uk
3) Black numbered bag advent calendar via www.ourhomenotebook.com
4) Hanging packages advent calendar via thecraftycrow.net
Get More Wedding Theme Inspiration