Awards & Accolades
What other couples are saying?
What Makes Us Unique
In a nutshell
The 15th-century Dragon Hall – home to the National Centre for Writing – is a magnificent timbered trading hall and courtyard garden located in the heart of Norwich. Blending historic detail with sleek contemporary touches, it’s the perfect creative canvas for weddings, parties and important events that seek to do things a little differently.
Dragon Hall has a fully equipped catering kitchen on site. We have suppliers we love to work with and an approved list of caterers who are guaranteed to deliver a whole range of catering and hospitality options to suit your tastes and budget. From three-course fine dining to wood fired pizza, hampers and grazing boards to pop up street foods and barbecues, there are so many options to choose from to keep your guests satisfied.
Our wedding package offers you full exclusivity of the venue over the 3-day period.
Whilst we don’t have any on-site accommodation, we are delighted to offer our couples an exclusive discounted rate on rooms at a stunning local hotel should you choose to book with us.
CancellationIn the event you cancel your booking, the following charges will apply: 50% of your deposit is refundable if notice is given more than 12 months in advance. However in the event that you cancel your booking after this time a cancellation charge may be made as follows:
- 9 - 12 months in advance of your wedding day - 25% of total hire fee (equivalent to your full deposit)
- 6 – 9 months in advance of your wedding day - 50% of total hire fee
- Less than 6 months in advance of your wedding day - 100% of the total hire fee
- We will gladly postpone your event and reschedule for a later date OR
- We will work with you to still hold your event within any imposed restrictions OR
- If government restrictions/guidelines do not allow your event to take place at all and a postponement is not feasible, then we will refund all money paid to us. However NCW reserve the right to charge an administration fee of up to 10% of the total booking fee or to charge for any direct overheads already paid out by the venue in relation to your booking.
What is Included?
Dragon Hall is fully licensed for weddings and civil partnerships. We are also happy to host just your reception and evening party.You will have exclusive use of the stunning Great Hall for ceremonies, drink receptions and dining; the beautifully light glass gallery for drinks and dancing; and the courtyard and garden with the beautiful white border flower bed – a lovely spot for drinks and canapes, particularly in the evening sun. We can host 120 guests for your ceremony or reception, and up to 90 dining guests. Full wedding package: Our full wedding package is £3,950 +VAT and gives you the time and flexibility to relax and enjoy your special day in the most beautiful venue in central Norwich. It includes:
- Exclusive use of the Great Hall, Foyle Gallery and courtyard garden
- Access to the venue across three days (usually Friday – Sunday), so you have plenty of time to set up and add your personal finishing touches
- An Events Manager as your dedicated point of contact leading up to, and during, your special day
- Venue management and door support
- Use of a kitchen and an approved list of caterers
- A personalised book bundle from the National Centre for Writing
- Full disabled access and a hearing loop in the Great Hall
- Use of all audio-visual equipment
Where are we?, ,
Love to hear more About You
Get in touch to check availability, request a brochure, get a quote or to ask any questions or concerns you might have.