There’s nothing quite like the purity of nature, and if you love the great outdoors, celebrating your nuptials deep in Britain’s glorious countryside has to be on the cards.
Narnia, Winnie the Pooh, Enchantment – with a woodland wedding theme you can really let your imagination run wild.
Find the right spot, incorporate vintage, retro and bohemian details within a naturally beautiful and romantic backdrop, and you’ve hit the jackpot venue-wise.
And, if you’re worried about the weather, why not simply the outdoors inside, styling interiors with moss, ivy and wildflower centrepieces inside a teepee marque.
Need some food for thought? Here are some woodland wedding theme ideas that will really inspire:
Need help finding the perfect suppliers?
Explore our selection of wedding specialists for the most unique wedding.
Have questions? Ask anything, and our team of experts will be there to help you decide.
Woodland Wedding Theme
Set the tone with natural palettes such as Earthy greens, springtime yellows, floral pinks and forest fruit burgundies.
Bring trees to life with hanging lanterns, chandeliers or disco balls and make the most of the outdoors with sofas and hammocks.
Rustic tweed, patterned vintage shirts, bow ties and wild flower boutonnieres.
Go bohemian chic with billowing skirts, floral headpieces and footless sandals.
… we *love* this brilliant Join Us In The Woods wedding theme stationery, by Intimate Weddings.
(from top left to bottom right):
- Birch Tree wedding cakes woodland wedding theme image cakegeek.com
- Woodland wedding cake by Hirzon’s Catering
- Rustic style white cake via Pinterest
- Naked berry cake – Camilla Stival
- Dramatic wildflower cake – weddingomania.com
- Dusty white flowers – chelanbride.com
- Pink Wildflower centrepiece – The Wedding Chicks
- Hydrangea centrepieces and bark decor – We Do Plan
- Moss centrepieces – Ruffled
- Indoor cascading moss centrepieces – Brit + Co
- Brides/Bridesmaids in the meadow – Bloglovin‘
- Floral Crown – MODwedding
- Footless sandals – The Wedding Chicks
- Boho bride – The Wedding Scoop
- Rosemary Sprig wedding bands by WeAreArrow
- Man in tweed suit – Bridal Musings Wedding Blog
- Man in checked shirt – Buzzfeed
- Men’s accessories – Rock My Wedding
- Mimosa and Thistle buttonhole by Linden Flowers
- Woollen suit with bowtie – Pinterest
- Jar lanterns hanging from a tree – Boho weddings
- Place setting photos wrapped around the tree – Stylecaster
- Teepee – lights4fun.co.uk
- Sofas and chandeliers – blog.vkvisuals.com
- The chandelier hanging from a tree – Deer Pearl Flowers